Two Different Names in PAN Card Data base – A great Problem !
It seems that Government of India is not at all interested to simplify even very small problems. One of the problem is Two Different Names in PAN Card Data base. Two Different Names in PAN Card Data base is very old problem.
PAN Card is only identity Card in India where two names of pan card holder are allowed. In fact, two names are not allowed in PAN Card but two names are allowed in PAN Card data base. One complete name is for PAN Card data base and another name is for printing on PAN Card. Government has allowed two different names On PAN Card and PAN Card data base. Such difference in the name of Pan Card holder at two different places is creating great problem.
Take the example of any other Identity Proof such as Aadhaar Card, Pass Port and Driving License. Every where only one name is allowed. But in PAN Card, two different names are allowed with some limitation and condition.
Now-a-days, PAN Card is to be compulsorily verified with Aadhaar. This verification fails when it is verified with name printed on PAN Card. We are listing out some problems as under –
- Verification of Aadhaar with name printed on PAN Card will fail.
- Maximum PAN Card holders are unaware about the actual name as per PAN Card Data base.
- PAN Card data can not be verified by the name printed on PAN Card if name in data base is difference.
- Due to such mismatch, PAN Card is doubted as Fake.
- Two different names for same ID is unnecessary and confusing.
Allowing two names in PAN Card data base is unnecessary, meaningless and problematic. It is evident from today’s most valuable ID Proof Aaadhaar Card where only one name is allowed. Therefore, Government of India should do following changes to solve these problems –
- In case of ‘New PAN Card’, only one full name should be allowed.
- In case of any ‘PAN Card Correction’, only one full name should be allowed.
- In case of ‘PAN Card Reprint’ also, only one full name should be allowed.
- The Column in PAN Card Application “ Name you would like it printed on the PAN Card “ should be removed from both the forms.
- In all other cases of difference, corrected New PAN Card should be issued suo-moto in the name mentioned in the PAN Card data base free of any charge from the PAN Card Holder.
This issue of Two Different Names in PAN Card Data base, has also been raised by Naya Bharat Party before PM Narendra Modi and Government Of India for solution. Naya Bharat Party is supporter of ‘Simplified India’ and therefore, this party’s president Shri Kailash Chandra is also raising this issue for simplification.